Unlike so many fitness fads, Pilates has been around since the 1920’s and continues to grow in popularity every day. It is backed by leading osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists and personal trainers and it has become a staple part of exercise for athletes as well as regular fitness enthusiasts.
These are just a few of the many benefits Pilates has to offer:
- Pilates treats the body as a whole, building up smooth, toned muscle.
- It is low impact
- Movements are performed in a slow and controlled way, optimising correct and efficient muscle recruitment, leading to better results, faster.
- It improves core strength and balanced muscle development as well as flexibility and increased range of motion for the joints.
- It helps building toned muscles that improve functional strength for everyday tasks as well as for sports.
- It creates long, lean muscles helping to create a flatter stomach and it is suitable for pregnancy and regaining fitness after birth.
- Pilates focuses on efficient breathing, improves circulation, stimulates the spine and muscles, and floods the body with endorphins, making you feel great!